Disk partition on a Windows 10
Disk Partition in Windows 10
In this article we will learn How to disk partition a hard drive on a Windows PC.
Disk partitioning is essentially separating the hard disk into different sections or parts for storage. If you want to try a new operating system without overwriting your main Windows drive, you can do this partitioning the hard drive.
Partitioning the hard disk also makes it possible to multiboot different operating systems. In addition to creating multiboot configurations, you can also use partitions as extra storage mediums for specific files or for backing up important files.
- First of all go to THIS PC and right click on it.
- After clicking a drop down menu list will show there
- Click on Manage
- After click on Manage a new window will open
- In new window click on DISK MANAGEMENT
- Then showing disks in row which are existing in the PC
- Now right click on the disk which you want to do partition
- After clicking a drop down menu list will appear
- In showing List select SHRINK
- New bar open in which asking how many MB Use for new Disk
- The red box you enter MB’S (Like if you want 100 GB Partition then you will convert GB’S to MB’S like this 100*1024=102400 MB)
- After entering MB’S then click Shrink Button
- Now in the dist row showing a new dist with name of UNALLOCATED with black color writing
- Right click on new unallocated disk and click on NEW SIMPLE VOLUME
- Now enter information what you want like disk name and etc
- After doing NEXT NEXT NEXT then click ok
- Now your Disk is ready to use